Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mix and match


I don't have a lot of matching knitted things. I'm afraid I sometimes wear a Fair Isle tam in blues with purple Norwegian mittens and a scarf that has nothing to do with either of them. Is it an eclectic look or a short attention span? (It might just be desperation to stay warm in winter as we know it in Wisconsin.) I'm always eager to go onto the next design idea or yarn and I guess I have a very low tolerance for boredom.
  Recently I resolved to have a few things that match. Well, not exactly the same, but at least so they have something in common. Hence, I knit a blue scarf that (more or less) goes with my favorite blue and black hat.
I knit a gray hat that (more or less) goes with my pumpkin and gray squares scarf. They both have gray in them and they both have rectangles as a design feature. The hat pattern is here.

But do my mittens match? They do have gray in them. And yes, friends from warmer places, this is what I wear in November before the really cold weather hits.

No comments: