Saturday, December 11, 2010

A crowd of totoros

After seeing the brilliant Miyazki animation My Neighbor Totoro, I felt a need to make some forest spirits of my own. This holiday season I made some more to send to two very special little girls, along with a copy of the DVD. Before they go off on their big adventure, I took a group photo of them with our resident totoros.
Notes for how to make a totoro are on my Ravelry project page.
Meanwhile, Mr. Rududu has been busy making origami totoros. The model he used by designed by Robin Glynn. Here are some totoros who seem to be waiting for the cat bus.We believe the white one is about to become invisible.

4 comments:

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Helloooo

And there are your fabulous EZ stockings in her Knitter's Almanac.

You must be so proud. I love the way she writes about the knitting process. I had in my mind that I would hate all that text and so few photos but it really is so readable and engaging and informative.

Love your Totoros. Very funny.

Carolina said...

Thanks Great Purl Baa,
thanks for the compliment about the Totoros. If the Great Purl Baa thinks I'm funny, I feel like I have it made! I agree about the Knitter's Almanac and EZ's other writing. I reread very few books, but hers I do.

Acornbud said...

Love all the Totoros!

Carolina said...

Thanks! I think Totoros can be quite sociable, especially the smaller ones.