Sunday, September 25, 2011

Latest circus recruit

Our mouse circus is finally complete with the addition of a girl...er...female clown. Her male partner has been waiting for her patiently for many months.
There are actually twelve mice in the Cirque de Souris designed by Alan Dart but our troupe is complete at ten because we decided not to have the trapeze artists that would require extra rigging.
   Here is a group shot of the entire troupe. Some of them have appeared in previous posts and if you want to see them in greater detail, click on the tag for toys on the right side of the screen.
In case you are wondering, the circus mice travel in Airstream trailers.
I've been asked how big (or small) these mice are. They are just over 5 inches/12.7 cm.
This female mouse towers a 1/4" over her partner, but he is so secure in his masculinity that he doesn't care one whit. The yarn is either Kauni Wool 8/2 Effekgarn or Shetland jumperweight.

5 comments:

Asplund said...

They're adorable!

Anonymous said...

These guys are fabulous! Very talented as well. True professionals, I can tell.

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Look at YOU and all your beautiful mice. They are FABULOUS. More fabulous than the original to be sure. I LERVE the colours.

Please please forgive me. You have been lost to me since I swapped my domain name from my blog to my webiste. Slowly slowy I am gathering my lovely bloggers back. And there you are still with your colourful life.

Hellooooo
Loani

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

you are now back in my side bar where you should be.

Carolina said...

I blush with all these lovely comments. Thank you! (The mice take another standing ovation.)