Monday, November 14, 2011

Feeling blue (in a good way)

I just finished a lovely little shawl with some Italian mohair. I was worried about having enough yarn so I knit faster than usual. (We all know that uses less yarn...) It only took me a little over a week to finish the shawl and I had twice as much yarn as I needed.
The pattern by Maggie Magai is a free on Ravelry. Part of the reason that the shawl knits up quickly is that the center is all stockinette with the lace confined to the edge.
I love the color blue. Fortunately it stays with us even in the late autumn.
The knitty-gritty: Two 25 g balls of Kid Silk Five knit on US #4/3.5mm needles. Changing to a larger needle and using a very stretchy bind off was a great idea.

5 comments:

Jane said...

I love this pattern, and I have some mohair, so I think I will knit it... thank you for the link and for the good information.
Jane

Laura B said...

Beautiful. I love the color!

Queen of the Tea Cosies said...

Gorgeous Porgeous

Evelyn said...

I don't think I've seen a more beautiful blue. It's a lovely design.

Carolina said...

Thank you all. I shall wrap myself not only in my shawlette but also your kind words.